12/1/20

Learning from mistakes

I am just reviewing a draft/paper for a magazine, 

and it recalls me of several past experiences. Including the supervision of master thesis on the issue, or acting among juries at the University of Oporto or Evora.

I also recall me of Beira's disaster (Mozambique) and a text I wrote at the time.

It is very important to acknowledge that many regions were affected  by natural disasters (earthquake, tsunami and so on); as well as that many reconstruction process continued until today;

One should pay attention to the phases of such reconstruction processes were structured. Most of the times, they focus: firstly on merely “emergency shelters”; secondly on “Temporary housing” and just finally on the “permanent housing”. By other hand endeavours of architects and planners involved should be highlighted. Remembering that just some of them are well-known architects, such as S. Ban, T. Ito or S Fujimoto.

 

The paper that I am reviewing have a coherent argument

I and the author, both share the same opinion:  The relevant question of how can architects participate, as well as the emerged concepts influence the way we think 


No comments: